52% of the nations manufacturing employment, and 44% of the nation's population, are located within 600 miles of Scottsville and Allen County. This proximity plus our closeness to major interstates, makes Allen County's location ideal for companies looking to be centrally located in the US, and especially to the eastern portion of the United States.
Allen County is served by US Highway 231, a new 4 lane parkway, that connects to Interstate 65 approximately 30 miles from Scottsville. I-65 is a major north-south corridor for freight and traffic. Scottsville is approximately 60 miles from Nashville, and 120 miles from Louisville.
From I-65, Travelers are able to access many parkways and interstates within Kentucky and Tennessee that transports them to other states. They are:
- Interstate 24, East & West transit in Kentucky & Tennessee
- Interstate 40, East & West through Nashville, Memphis, and Knoxville.
- Interstate 64, East & West Transit through Louisville, Lexington, etc.
- Louie B Nunn Parkway transiting East & West(formerly Cumberland Parkway) connecting I-65 to Interstate 75, I-75 is another major North-South Corridor.
- Wendell Ford Parkway (formerly Western Ky Parkway) another east-west corridor connecting it to I-65, the Edward T. Breathit Parkway (formerly Pennyrile Parkway & another north-south major corridor, I-24, and also the Natcher Parkway.
- Additionally there is US Highway 31E with access to the Louie B Nunn Parkway, which traverses East and West to both I-65 and I-75
For companies needing flight service, Scottsville is very close to major Airports in the region:
- It is 30 miles from the Bowling Green-Warren County Regional Airport (pictured above), and
- Approximately 60 miles from the Nashville, Tennessee, International Airport